Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Life Journey Part 1

This blog is about everything and anything that has to do with the journey of my life. In 2005 I decided that I wanted to become a doctor. Now, 2005 is not when my life started obviously ( I was actually born in 10984-good year), but it is when I made one of the most important decisions I have ever made. So I went through the whole torturous process of studying for the MCAT, taking the MCAT (3 times) and applying to several medical schools. Anyway, med schools like to ask you some interesting essay questions and a lot of them got me thinking They got me thinking really hard about who I am, the kind of person I want to be, and what kind of doctor I will make.

So I have finally been accepted to a medical school (sort of-I will get into that later) and I figure since it's going to take me 4 years to get the education I need to have the title MD after my name, I might as well take this time to also "find myself"' if you will.

I started reading some self help books, originally just to help myself out for the med school interview, and I found some of them so helpful that I wanted to use the to apply to my life in general. The book I am reading right now is call Celebrating Yourself. It about building up self esteem.

I'm trying to improve my body as well. I am not overweight. I have always been athletic and enjoy playing basketball. But now that I am working it has become more difficult to motivate myself to exercise. Thats another thing I want to do is get back into shape and stay fit.

I also have some other past issues I really need to face and deal with. I will probably need to get into some kind of therapy or counseling at some point along this journey.

So basically this blog will be just a daily open diary on my thoughts and observations about my self, other people, life in general and my journey to becoming a doctor.

No comments: