Saturday, November 29, 2008

Religiousness and Beliefs

Continued from

Im just worried because I find it a weakness. She has her beliefs in some things, for example, people should not live in large groups because it always causes problems. Like for example most of the wars and social problems that we have now. Racism and unfairness in government. This I don't agree with I think it is more beneficial. I think human nature is the problem. There will always be selfish people who only want to look out for them selves and will do anything to get their own way. That is the problem, even if their is a small group the same will happen. And it is also human nature to look out for your own safety and not cause problems, confront, and just get by. I mean look at bullies on playgrounds. The same thing happens in these small groups of kids. There will always be leaders and always be followers. There are just certain personality types which cause problems. Corruption and greed. Small groups wouldn't make it any better in my opinion it would just make it different.

My sister's idea of solving a problem is to run away from it. I mean these are her opinions as I have mine. I just don't agree and I guess I can't really judge them. But there are just some things that are common sense that she needs to realize.

She wants to go to the peace corps and help people in foreign countries. She things that a country as strong as ours the US should be helping others and I guess she wants to be apart of it. I think she beliefs things will be somehow better in another country. Maybe, but if she's looking for some utopia, she's not going to find it. She just wants something better. I on the other hand don't care about that as much. Because I see that we have enough problems in our own country. I would like to be a part of solving these here. Does that make be better or worse neither. But I think that my sister as a successful black person should lend her talents to helping other black people her in the US. That what I think . There are so few of us who are willing to do something. I say she let other successful people go and take care of those problems. I don't know. I guess I'm kind of disappointed in that sense.

But what can I do. I can't really say who's right or wrong. But I want to say she's wrong thought I know that would be wrong.

No comments: